+1 vote
in Construction & Building Materials by (188k points)
The vertical joints separating the bricks in either length or cross direction is known as the _________

(a) Perpends

(b) Closer

(c) Bed

(d) Arrises

This question was posed to me by my school teacher while I was bunking the class.

My question is taken from Terms Used in Brick Masonry topic in portion Stone and Brick Masonry of Construction & Building Materials

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (1.2m points)
selected by
Best answer
Right option is (a) Perpends

To explain I would say: Perpend is for a good Bond, and Perpends in alternate courses should be vertically one above the other. Whereas, the ages formed by the intersection of plane surfaces of bricks are called as the Arrises.

Related questions

Welcome to TalkJarvis QnA, a question-answer community website for the people by the people. On TalkJarvis QnA you can ask your doubts, curiosity, questions and whatever going in your mind either related to studies or others. Experts and people from different fields will answer.